Friday, November 19, 2010

Grilled veggies with oven roasted greens

A few weeks ago I bought a skillet for my propane grill so I decided to try some veggies on the grill.  I chopped up some turnips and the daikon radish, and also a few carrots from the store.  I tossed them all in a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and celery seed, then cooked them in the skillet on the grill for 15-20 minutes.  Incidentally I was also cooking a steak on the grill so it worked out well.  

I decided to also use the greens from the turnips and radish, so I tore them into smaller pieces and added a few pieces of arugula, then tossed them in the same olive oil mixture.  Then I laid them out on a cookie sheet and roasted them in the oven for about 15 minutes -- thanks for the tip Bryan!
The veggies had a great grilled flavor and were still nice and crunchy, and the greens were cooked but crispy instead of soft like when they are sauteed.  Overall a very easy, tasty and nutritious dinner!  I meant to capture a picture of it all put together on my dinner plate, but it all looked and smelled so good, I had to eat it right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment