Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 8 veggies

I got some fun new stuff this week!  I got:




Baby bok choi (I can't wait to try this!)
Turnips
2 eggplants
radishes
arugula
okra
mustard greens
dill

No basil this week, maybe that season is ending, but I have some frozen from previous weeks.  Which is a good note for me to make - you can freeze basil leaves!  First place the individual leaves around your freezer for a couple of hours, then you can place them all together in a plastic bag.  Freezing them individually for a couple of hours first keeps the leaves from freezing together in a big clump so you can pull out individual leaves for use later.  They defrost on the counter quite quickly and can be used for cooking almost as well as fresh.  They won't make a very good caprese salad though!

No comments:

Post a Comment