Wow I love winter veggies! We got a great CSA bag this week:
- the world's biggest turnip
- 2 grapefruit
- a bag of "queen red turnip" that are sweeter than standard turnips and supposed to be great in salads (can't wait to try them!)
- a bunch of arugula flowers (can't wait to try them either!)
- a large bag of dill
- a bunch of carrots, including 2 wrapped around each other
- 3 radishes
- a bag of broccoli raab
- a bag of kale
- a bag of spinach
- a huge bag with 2 heads of red lettuce
Wow that's a lot of food! We better get eating!
I had to share a closeup of the 2 "lovers" carrots that grew around each other:
So cute! I almost don't want to eat them.
And I have to share a closeup of how enormous this turnip is! Here it is next to 2 normal sized grapefruit:
It weighs over 2 pounds! There will definitely be a blog post when we cook that one up.