Monday, October 18, 2010

Mushroom pasta and baked chicken

Friday night I decided to cook for my friends for the first time!  I made mushroom pasta with baked chicken and a mixed green salad.

I picked up some mushroom flavored linguine at the Phoenix farmer's market - the brand is called Decio.  They also had some free recipes so I picked one up called Quick Mushroom Pasta.  I cooked the linguine, that only took a few minutes because it is very fresh, and set it aside.  Then I made the sauteed mushrooms to go over the pasta.  I started by sauteing some garlic in olive oil (the way many of my recipes seem to start!) then added chopped fresh parsley, chicken stock, white wine, soy sauce, Italian seasonings, and a bunch of sliced mushrooms.
Then I tossed the mushroom sauce in with the mushroom pasta.
 Meanwhile I mixed together some French herb seasonings with olive oil and basted 2 large chicken breasts cut in half, and baked them in the oven for about 25 minutes.




Finally I made a mixed green salad, similar to recent salads but bigger!  I made the honey basil balsamic vinaigrette again to go on the salad.



Most of this meal did not come from CSA veggies, but I did use some - garlic in the mushroom sauce and salad dressing (I use a LOT of garlic in my cooking, which is good since I get a lot from the CSA!) and radishes, arugula and mizuna in the salad.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment